Batching is helpful because putting similar chores together increases your productivity; you build momentum and get on a roll so everything flows more smoothly.
1. Errands: choose one day a week to do errands … map out the most efficient route
2. Phone calls: return calls at a time convenient for you
3. Cooking: prepare multiple meals on weekends … freeze portions and reheat the rest during the week
4. E-mail: only check your e-mail a few times a day … let people know not to expect an instant response
5. Bills: note on your calendar when they are due or use a tickler file … pay them once or twice a month
6. Paperwork: schedule weekly time to do all your filing at one time
7. Social media / blogging: spend time writing several blogs at one time and use www.hootsuite.com to schedule automatic publishing to Twitter and Facebook at specific times
8. Templates: use templates for repeated tasks so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel each time
What are some tasks you do that would be streamlined by using this procedure?