- Smudging: <see yesterday's post re: smudging as well> Hold your crystal in the smoke of sage or incense for about 20 or 30 seconds
- Using other crystals: Place the crystal you want cleansed on a larger crystal cluster for several hours.
- Moonlight: Place your crystal in direct moonlight overnight … either inside near a window or outside in a special place
- Sunlight: Place your crystal in sunlight for a few hours
- Burying: Bury your crystal overnight in dry sea salt or outside in the ground in a special place
- Soaking: Soak individual crystals in sea salt dissolved in warm purified or spring water for about 4 hours <use a glass not metal bowl> … rinse in cool water to remove salt then throw the water out along with the negative energies you just cleared … don't soak porous stones because it will harm the stone <opal, lapis, coral or amber -- smudge instead for these>
- Running water: Place your crystal in a mesh bag and immerse in a stream or waterfall for a few hours to cleanse and re-energize
Freezer: put them in the freezer for a quick cleanse...no more than a couple minutes is necessary... the cold disconnects all the negative energies
Cleanse crystals and stones as soon as you first get them because they carry energy from anyone who has touched them. Once they are cleansed, you might want to limit others from handling them. Your intention for their use determines how often they need to be cleansed after that. If you use them for healing, cleanse them before and after. If you use them for personal guidance and balance, you can do it weekly or monthly. After cleansing, rinse them in running water for a few minutes.
Website Creator: Marie Russell
Choose simplicity! VALOR: visualize, ask, let go,