1. Decide what single thing you want to do. Let go of other goals temporarily <write them down elsewhere if necessary>. Learn to say no.
2. Be aware of distractions: don’t answer the phone or check your e-mail.
3. Be purposeful in your actions: keep asking yourself if this activity will bring you closer to or further away from your goal. What is the next most important thing for you to concentrate on?
4. Be willing to give up temporary pleasures for the long-term goal.
5. Let it go: When you feel frustrated or burned out, tip over an old-fashioned, mini-hour glass and let the sand run down … and with it, your frustrations. Then flip it back … breathe deeply … think about something that brings you joy … until the sand runs out again.