I came across this blog post from the Engaged Entrepreneur and thought these self-assessment questions would be useful to others. For the complete post with detailed explanations and scoring key, please go here: It’s Time To Get Real With Yourself (A Test)
The Success Checkup Test For the following statements score yourself on a scale of 0-10, 0 being “not at all”, and 10 being “couldn’t be MORE true!”
1. I plan my day in advance, either the night before or before I start the day.
2. I have a written list of the specific, measurable and time-based goals I intend to achieve this year.
3. I check my email no more than 4 times during the day.
4. I never accept incoming telephone calls that are not scheduled in advance.
5. I purposely put myself in situations where it’s impossible for me to be interrupted or distracted.
6. I regularly participate in a focused and structured mastermind with people I like, respect and learn from.
7. I read at least one book related to my business, industry or about marketing or sales every month.
8. I’ve invested in a training course, program or product to increase my knowledge and capabilities.
9. I weigh less than I did when I started the year, and I have more energy during the day.
10. The days where I feel absolutely engaged and empowered outnumber the days I feel overwhelmed and frustrated.
When we re-assess our habits we gain insight into why we might not be getting the best results. I hope this was helpful to you ... I know it was a wake up call for me and a reminder that there is a big difference in knowing what I should be doing and actually doing it.