1. Grip your hands very tightly so that your fingers dig deep into your palms and then let go. Feel the release of tension.
2. Tighten your forehead, close your eyes, and contort your face into an ugly frown. Keep frowning until you can't go any further and then release. Feel the tension lift instantly
3. Stretch your arms out horizontally so they are parallel with the ground. Stretch them far out until you cannot stretch anymore. Then relax and feel your body relax.
4. Place your palms flat against a wall and then push. Keep pushing until you cannot push anymore, and then release. Feel your arms relax.
5. Open your mouth as wide as you can and make it into a big O. Then close it. Feel your facial muscles relax.
6. Rub your hands together until they warm up, then place them flat against your face. Close your eyes and feel the relief.
7. Lie on your back and put your feet up. Feel the blood rushing to your head.
8. Lie completely flat with your back to the floor and systematically flex and release every part of you. Start at the feet and move up through the legs, to the face, and even your scalp. Feel tension drain out of you completely.
9. While lying on your back, breathe in through your nostrils slowly and deeply. Feel your abdomen expanding like a balloon. Then slowly breathe out through your mouth and feel your abdomen flattening like a balloon, releasing air. Visualize fresh, energizing chi flowing in; and stale, stagnant chi flowing out.
10. While lying on your back, close your eyes and begin to daydream. Think pleasant thoughts, and then visualize a positive outcome to something you are working on at the moment. Smile happily to yourself.