Another point he made: accepting that you can't control everything that happens ... which then frees you to be happier instead of wasting time worrying.
Bill went on to say that there are only 4 things you have a choice about if you truly aware:
1. How you feel
2. How you behave
3. Which people and situations you are attracted to
4. What meanings you assign to what happens
His 3 things to be happier and love your life:
1. Acknowledge the realities of the human condition … you can make things better but things are impermanent
2. Be willing to pay the price to become more aware
3. Learn how to direct that awareness to the most crucial things like how you think, feel and behave … and what meaning you put to things …
He also said: A life without preferences … what kind of life is that? I second that thought ... just put it out to the universe what you want ... then let go and accept what is!