- Your first step, before entering the "soak," is to recognize that you’re feeling disturbed, overwhelmed or depressed.
- Remember, it’s not the issues that cause your low-ebb feelings as much as the significance
you’re giving them.
- Now, find your Soft Heart attitude by feeling love, care or appreciation for a person, pet or
something you really care about. This helps you get into a soft place in your heart and increases your effectiveness when feeling care and compassion for yourself.
- Soak and relax any unwanted feelings in the compassion of the heart, letting the
significance dissolve a little at a time. Take your time doing this.
- Keeping your attention in a Soft Heart can allow more coherent heart rhythms to emerge,
helping you recoup mental, emotional and physical vitality.
- Respect the fact that you are human, living in challenging times. Allow yourself to ease
and rest in the comfort of your Soft Heart to recoup energy.
As you move in slower motion for a while, you’ll find that your emotional energy delicately
recharges and your vitality and heart buoyancy eventually will return.
P.S. The above has been adapted from the e-booklet The
Power of Emotion.